Wednesday 3 July 2013

NYMF Opening Party Look: Hair

Hi y'all. It's been a long time since my last post... like forget what I even wrote long time... Anyway, I've started working on costumes for a new show, a Depression era circus themed musical titled The Awakening of Angel DeLuna for the New York Musical Theater Festival starting July 12th. Although I have a tremendous amount of work to do on the costumes, being a fashion person by background and at heart I am instead unwisely using my time to plan my look for the opening night party. So in keeping with the circus theme as an excuse to wear wacky stuff AND rhinestones in public!! Let the planning begin. I happen to have an old mock up given to me from my last circus gig, the bottom half of a Mardi Gras doll inspired costume for our handstand artist Melanie Chy. It was all messed up when I got it, having been a first mock up of velvet which was later remade entirely out of a more traditional spandex instead. Fortunately for me, the velvet is pretty freakin' sweet. I added a leather waistband to drag it in the direction of fashion and make it a little less costume-y, so I can wear it out of the house! Before I get ahead of myself, right now the planning revolves around hair. I am conducting two exp-hair-iments as I like to call them on my head right now in attempt to achieve something like this:






I have pin curl attempt on one side, and crimp attempt on the other. So I'll wake up looking pretty crazy, but I'm working from home tomorrow so whatever. We'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment