Thursday 1 November 2012

"KI" SS12

It's been awhile since my last post. Having no internet at the circus made posting a little too difficult to be motivated to manage, however I've since quit and can now post more frequently now that I have come back to the first world.

These are the photos of my first collection since college. The project was conceived and produced entirely in the back of a circus semi truck where I was managing the wardrobe department.

The collection is called "KI", which is a combination of "kawaii" the Japanese word for "cute". The spelling reminded me of Hawaii and I wanted to collection to have an American feel, from there KI was born. I was inspired by Japanese street fashion and Lolita culture, artist/illustrator called Aya Takano, fashion photographer Haruki Horikawa, and a few images from this and that and other blogs which I will post eventually.

My favorite piece is the third one down, which has glow in the dark beads and thread forming the Pegasus and Andromeda constellation. Pretty fun at a summer garden party to step outside and glow like the night sky :D










Would love to hear your thoughts, feelings, and comments on this project!! I'm trying to decide if I want to start an Etsy shop ;)

Jxxx

1 comment:

  1. You look gorgeous, beatifull clothes, i really love it!

    ReplyDelete